Saturday 13 October 2012

A Step Forward

Hello again,

I am writing this from the library after reading a few articles today. These articles have lead me to a subject I am thinking may be a solution! The solution to the question I have been asking myself for several months with no answer in sight..."what am I going to do my Honours Project on?"

The article that can now be described as a prophet is "Mobile Application Development: web vs native" by Andre Charland and Brian Leroux.  I am not going to give a run down of the whole article as the title is pretty obvious, but I do suggest anyone who is interested in mobile development should take a look.  Especially if you are involved in multi-platform development.  I have linked the article in a post below.

I am now thinking that my project will involve designing a series of bench mark tests and testing set programs on various devices.

Potential Types of Programs:

  • simple text editor
  • a simple render of a rotating 3D cube with simple lighting and no shading
  • a simple render of a rotating 3D cube with shading
  • a series of set calculations
All the programs will be tested on

  • start up time
  • CPU and RAM usage
The set of calculations will be tested on the above as well as time taken to complete the calculations.

I am now going to wait and see if my lecturers think that this is a decent enough idea. If it is approved work shall begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment